Pastry: 4oz glutinous rice flour 糯米粉, 1 tablespoon ‘tang’ flour 澄麵, 1 oz sugar, 1/2 oz lard, 3 oz water
Filling: 3 oz pork, 1 oz shrimp meat, 2 mushrooms, 2 oz bamboo shoot
Seasoning: 1/3 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoon corn flour, 1 teaspoon light soya sauce, 2 tablespoons water, peper and sesame seed oil.
- Dice all ingredients for fillings.
- Heat 2 teablespoons oil, stir fry diced ingredients, add in seasoning and mix well; remove and leave to cool.
- Bring the water to the boil to dissolve the sugar and melt the lard; stir in glutinous rice flour and ‘tang’ flour to form a dough.
- Knead until smooth; divide dough into 8 or 10 portions, pressing each into a round pastry. Spoon in fillings and seal edges.
- Deep fry meat dumplings in medium hot oil until golden, drain and serve.