6oz water chestnut flour, 2oz fresh water chestnut (optional), 24 oz water, 8-10oz sugar.
- Blend water chestnut flour with 6 oz water into a smooth paste.
- Peel and dice water chestnut. Place in saucepan with the rest of the water and sugar, bring to the boil and stir in blended mixture until a paste is formed.
- Pour into greased tin and steam over a high heat.
- Cool in fridge and serve cold.
- Cut pudding in 1-1/2″ x 2″ x 1/2″ slices and coat with cornflour or custard powder. Fry until golden.