6oz plain flour, 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1-1/2 oz caster sugar, 1 teaspoon melted lard, 2 oz water, 4oz lotus seed puree, 1-2 pc salted egg yolk, 8 pc grease-proof paper (2″x2″)
- Sieve plain flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in caster sugar, lard and water; mix together to form a smooth dough. Cover and leave to rest for half an hour.
- Divide salted egg yolk into eight portions.
- Roll lotus seed puree into a long sausage and cut into 8 portions. Place a portion of salted egg yolk into the lotus seed puree.
- Roll dough into a long sausage and divide into eight portions. Press into rounds and wrap in lotus seed puree. Seal and place in a steamer.
- Steam over a moderate heat for 15 minutes.