5oz water (boiling), 4oz ‘tang’ flour, 1/4 oz corn flour, a knob of lard
3oz pork loin, 1oz shrimp meat, 1/2 oz carrot, 1-1/2 oz bamboo shoot, 1 mushroom, a sprig of Coriander, 1 clove garlic
1/3 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons corn flour, 1 teaspoon light soya sauce, few shakes pepper, few drops sesame oil, 2 tablespoons water
- dice all ingredients finely.
- Heat oil to saute garlic; fry dice ingredients and mix in seasoning. Leave to cool.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Mix ‘tang’ flour and corn flour together and add to boiling water. Stir well into a dough (hot-water dough).
- Add a knob of lard to dough and knead till smooth.
- Roll into a long sausage and divide into equal portions.
- Press each portion into a round wrapping.
- Spoon in filling and seal edges.
- Steam in a greased steamer for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.