8oz water (boiling), 4oz ‘tang’ flour, 1/4 oz corn flour, a knob of lard, 2oz sugar.
Lotus seed puree or red bean puree
- Boil water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Mix ‘tang’ flour and corn flour together and add to boiling water. Stir quickly into a dough.
- Add a knob of lard to dough and knead till smooth.
- Roll into a long sausage and divide into equal portions.
- Flatten each portion and wrap in some filling; seal edge and roll into a ball.
- Place the ball into the crystal cake mould and flatten with the palm.
- Remove from mould and steam for 5 minutes in a greased stamer.
- Brush chinese crystal cake with oil for glaze.