7 oz beef, 1 oz fat pork, few pieces fried tangerine peel or chinese parsley, 1/2 piece soya sheet (fui-pei 腐皮)
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon MSG, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons corn flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon sesame seed oil, 1 tablespoon light soya sauce, 3 tablespoons oil, 4 tablespoons water.
- Wash and mince beef, mix with soda and water, then add in the rest of the seasonings.
- Cook fat pork in water, drain and dice finely; soak tangerine peel until soft, chop finely. (If parsley is used, chop it up finely).
- Add diced fat pork and tangerine peel (or parsley if used) to minced beef, mix well and put in fridge for 6-8 hours.
- Wipe soya sheet, deep fry and soak well.
- Form 10-12 beef balls, place over prepared soya sheet and steam over a high heat for 8 minutes.