pastry: 6 oz flour, 1-3/4 teaspoonsbaking power, 1-1/2 oz sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons lard, approx 2-3oz water
fillings: 3 oz bbq pork, 1pc shallot
sauce: 5 tablespoons water, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons cornflour, 1 teaspoon light soya sauce, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon hoi sin sauce (optional)
- Sieve flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Stir in sugar, lard and enough water to form a dough, knead lightly until smooth. Cover the dough and leave for half an hour.
- Cut BBQ pork into small pieces and dice shallot finely.
- Saute shallot in 1 tablespoon of oil, stir in sauce and BBQ pork pieces and cook till sauce thickens; leave to cool.
- Roll the dough out into a long sausage, divide it into 6 portions; press each portion into a round pastry, put in BBQ pork fillings and seal edges.
- Place BBQ pork buns in a steamer and steam over high heat for 15 minutes.